|FINANCIAL DIRECTOR||SIEMENS AG||11 Years|
|CUSTOMS PROCESS CONSULTANT||HM Revenue and Customs||3 Years|
|FINANCIAL CONTROLLER||ORANGE Mobile||5 Years|
|CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT||Ernst Young, Auditor||5 Years|
|PROJECT MANAGER||NATO, Kabul||3 Years|
|Flexible regarding location.|
|Chartered Accountant, Process Consultant – HM Customs and Big Four|
|Russian Language, Excellent Spoken|
|ICAEW Accountant No. 7429642,|
FINANCIAL DIRECTOR – SIEMENS HEALTHCARE – 11 Years – Warsaw Poland
Siemens Healthcare has 150 million Euro turnover and employs 300 people. Part of Siemens AG. Group. I was responsible for all aspects of finance, profitability, cash management, vendor financing, statutory reporting.
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER –ORANGE MOBILE TELECOM– 5 Years – Warsaw, Poland
Orange Mobile Poland is one of the largest mobile operators in the country. I managed a 60 person group and was responsible for accountancy, financial reporting, IAS and the receipts of close to one million customers.
HM REVENUE & CUSTOMS – 3 Years – London, UK
Import Registration processes, ATA Carnet, VAT registration etc. Systems and Procedures Consultant. Senior Executive Officer grade.
NATO – Project Manager – 3 Years – Kabul, Afghanistan
Project Lead, Overseeing and Implementing the accounting of all NATO Funded Equipment
|NATO||Finance Officer||Afghanistan|| 2017 – |
| ParkerLane / |
| Consultant / |
| Warsaw, |
|SIEMENS AG||Finance Director|| Warsaw, |
|ORANGE MOBILE|| Financial |
| Warsaw, |
|HM Revenue & Customs||Consultant|| London, |
|1993 – 1997|
| Chartered Accountant (FCA) – |
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England
| Master of Business Administration (MBA) |
|Economics (B.A. Hons.) – University of Wales|
email@example.com; Tel +44 7471 863927
Achievements, Siemens Healthcare:
Our competitors called us the “Unstoppable Siemens Tank”.
- Overseeing all financial operations for a £150 million business.
- Divisional Financial Director.
- Management of 18 staff.
I was one of the key players in making Siemens Healthcare so successful through fast decision making, cash management and … a unique vendor financing model.
- Finance leader in high technology sales and equipment service.
- Negotiating contracts up to £40m with “ultra high net worth” international entrepreneurs and corporations.
- Giving guidance in all aspects of strategic planning.
- “Heavy user” of derivatives and hedging instruments to manage exchange risk.
- The largest and most dynamic medical equipment supplier in Poland.
Temporary Chief Executive Officer following the sudden death of the business leader.Ad-hoc leadership of the entire business, engaging, communicating, inspiring confidence and leading the organisation.
Financial Planning, annual budget and budgetary control, Implementing Internal Control procedures.
- Introduced vendor financing by developing agreements with financing companies that allowed the coverage of 40% of customer purchases by external financing.
- Improved credit collection and inventory management procedures. Capital engagement (money needed to run the business) fell from six months turnover to practically zero which meant the business became self sufficient as regards cash.
- Integrated the financial and logistic processes and reorganised and restructured the finance department after our takeover of Bayer and DPC diagnostics. This significantly reduced the overall costs of operations and improved efficiency.
- Introduced compliance controls. No internal audit or enforcement problems.
- Introduced transfer pricing procedures, SOX and latest IFRS. No audit problems.
- Ensured tax compliance and optimisation. No tax problems.
- Successfully implemented ERP systems (SAP) to plan and budget.
Achievements, Orange Mobile Telecommunications :
The political environment was a bit like dancing on razor blades !!!
Management of 60 staff.2,5 million customers.£500m. Turnover
Leadership of all accounting, reporting and year end close.Financial Planning and budgetary control.Supporting and engaging with senior stakeholders in a highly politicised environment. Communicating in between a former communist public sector organisation and a western commercial investor.
- As the financial controller in Poland managed a 60 person group and was lead for accountancy, financial reporting, IAS, allocation of customer payments, revenue assurance, taxes and investor relations.
- Lead a company-wide cost reduction program. Brought significant savings in administration and operating costs.
- Implemented an ERP system (IFS) to plan and budget.
- Ran a quality improvement programme for the handling of billing customer receipts. Reduced the overall time taken to allocate receipts from a week to one day.
- Introduced an internal controls system called “revenue assurance”. Covered the entire process of airtime settlements including IT and accounting to secure the internal control “from airtime to invoicing”
- Made presentations and handled Q&A sessions to investors at the Warsaw Stock Exchange in support of fund raising activities for 3G and GPRS network financing.
Achievements, NATO, Afghanistan :
Afghanistan, NATO, Fixed assets. My task: – “Where, What and how much?”
- Project Lead, Overseeing and Implementing the accounting of all NATO Funded Equipment (NFE) and NATO Funded Infrastructure (NFI) in Afghanistan theatre.
- The aim was to remove the audit qualification and, in so doing, to avoid potential stakeholder (especially POTUS) criticism.
InterGovernmental public sector organisation working in very difficult conditions. Engaging with 27 different nationalities and communicating with up to the most senior (OF-6) levels.
- NATO Financial Statements had been qualified repeatedly for incorrect accounting of Infrastructure Assets in the Afghanistan theatre.
- Through extensive coordination and communication with different military and civilian units up to, and including, Brigadier General (OF-6) level and much local travel, investigation, analysis and communication.
- I was able to eliminate the audit qualification and maintain a clean audit report. This reduced the risk of challenge of the theatre budget by contributing nation powers who were, at the time, criticising financial management.
I also, when necessary, gave support, advice and guidance on ad-hoc tasks in the theatre. I covered for the Theatre Financial Accountant in Year End Closing and audit, and also plugged any other staffing gaps when they arose. I closely advised and supported the Lieutenant Colonel XO (Executive Officer) in risk
Achievements, HM Treasury and Customs
Market Testing, Resource Accounting and PPP … all at the same time !
- Consultant for the Market Testing programme, giving advice and guidance for analysing processes for efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Great professionalism and team spirit.Interesting working (some of the time) in N Ireland as a Customs Officer during the “troubles”.
- Implementing government overhaul of efficiency and cost improvement of central government procedures and activities of Customs and VAT administration procedures.
Based HMC&E headquarters, London.
- Implementation of two accounting systems,
- One as project leader (International Customs Advisory Unit),
- The second as supporting policy regarding financial procedures. (Resource Accounting financial system).
|Russian (Excellent Spoken)|
firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel +44 7471 863927